[B∙Liv] Hydrate Away, Moisturising Bio-Cellulose Mask - Review

by - April 11, 2018


Hey Guys!✨
Today i'm reviewing sheet mask number 2, kindly sent to me by the B∙Liv team to share with you my thoughts on! Which is the:
B∙Liv Hydrate Away - Moisturising Bio-Cellulose Mask  
[Review 2/3]
I was really impressed by the first mask I tried from B∙Liv (which can be found here) so naturally, I was keen to try the next one in set of 3!

I really enjoy using products that hydrate and moisturise my skin, and this seemed like the perfect mask to put to the test next! The day I tried this mask was a cold, wet, windy day, so my skin was definitely in need of some pampering!


The packaging with this one is slightly more toned down, it still has a retro design but it's slightly more simplistic. The colour theme for the B∙Liv Hydrate masks is blue!

One thing I like about the design of these masks is that on the front it has some basic information regarding results of the mask on the skin (based on an independent clinical study). Which for this are that:

After 2 hours of single use:
Skin hydration level - increased by 15.6%

After 4 hours of single use:
Skin hydration level - increased by 15.6%

This in my opinion sets it apart from other masks, since it displays it's claims so clearly since sometimes when choosing sheet masks it can get overwhelming. So having a mask that provides information like this simply and clearly can help you make a quick decision. 


On the back of the packaging is a lot of clearly spaced out information which includes a brief summery of what the mask aims to achieve:

"Refresh yourself with an instant infusion of moisture and revitalising nutrients. Made from Organic Spirulina, a deep sea blue-green algae, this moisturising bio-cellulose mask is power-packed with minerals and amino acids to hydrate, repair and clarify skin. In addition, it helps protect skin from free radical damage"

And what is "Bio-Cellulose" you ask?

"Bio-cellulose is a specialized nano scale fiber structure that fits perfectly like your second skin. It serves as a high volume serum reservoir i.e holds moisture while allowing air to transfer freely and skin can breathe better. Its 30 nanometers fiber increases extra contact surface area for crevices and wrinkles; maximising the absorption of effective essence"

*The thickness of Bio-Cellulose masks can vary, but this does in no way affect the efficiency or function of the mask. 

The Ingredients for this mask are as follows:

"Aqua (Water), Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Algin, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Extract, Chlorphenesin, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Mannitol, Spirulina Platensis Extract, o-Cymen-5-OI, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate, Superoxide Dismutase, Acetyl Tetrapeptide-15


The Key Active ingredients for this facial mask are:

Organic Algae:
Deep sea microalgae extract laden with minerals and amino acids helps even out skin tone, clarify and repair skin. In addition, it also helps protect the skin from free radical damage.

Rice Extract:
Rich in amino acids and pro-vitamin B5, the potent plat extract has the property to keep hold of water molecules, thereby contributing to the constant moisturization of the skin. 

Hyaluronic Acid:
HA helps to keep the skins layers full of moisture to help maintain hydrated skin. It holds water, to be specific 1000 times of it's weight, to keep collagen hydrated and to promote a youthful look.  


Once again, starting with a clean cleansed face!


So, just like the previous mask, when you take the mask out the sachet you'll notice it's soaked in serum (but not dripping wet). I also find these masks to be slightly "heavier" than other masks, but then again it does come with more packaging! The fabric netting side is definitely an interesting texture when you first get hold of it, I never would have expected such material to be included with a sheet mask really haha!  


This mask also comes with 2 protective layers, that help protect the mask as you take it out the sachet and unfold it. This is particularly handy since bio-cellulose material is quite thin and fiddly, but these protective layers help you place and reposition the mask on you skin hassle free. The first protective layer you're supposed to peel off (ideally) is the one featured above on the left. The material of this layer is similar to that of greaseproof paper, so it easily comes away from the mask when peeled off. 


The second protective layer featured on the top right, is the last layer intended to be removed after you're happy with the position of the mask. It's texture is the same as "fabric netting", because of the choice of material, it allows the mask to be easily placed and moulded to the shape of your face before the protective layer needs to be removed. Which is handy, I found with some masks in the past that came with a protective layer, the material was made from a much more rigid fabric. Which made placement on my face more difficult since the protective layer made it hard to smooth the mask out to the shape of my face. But with these masks...that's a thing of the past, applying these bio-cellulose masks is now about as easy as applying thin paper ones!


The fit is exactly the same as the previous mask I tried, It's so easy to smooth out along my skin (strangely, it's immensely satisfying haha!) and it's not soaked in serum, so there won't be a lot of excess ending up on your hands! (and if any does end up on your hands, it's easily absorbed quickly). I really love that fact the bio-cellulose material moulds to your face very well, it really does feel like a "second skin", i've never had a mask go on quite as smoothly, if only all sheet masks were able to do the same!


Unlike the first B∙Liv mask I tried, there was no "new plastic smell" with this one thankfully! even though both this mask and the "Soothe me now" mask seem somewhat similar to me, that fact there isn't a smell with this mask made it the much more enjoyable mask to use out of the two. It's also one thing to note that the eye "flaps" can be folded back if you intend to lie back and chill out for bit.  

Even after leaving the mask on (for slightly longer than the recommended time) the mask itself was still moist. It also comes off rather quickly and smoothly, and leaves enough serum behind for you to be able to pat into the skin. 


My favourite aspect of this mask is that the fit around the chin area is pretty much smooth and flawless. This is the first mask i've ever used where there's no creases/overlapping around the chin area! so ladies and gents, it's actually possible to have a mask that doesn't wrinkle up and start to peel off at the bottom, and here you have the evidence of that!


The serum is somewhat similar to the "Soothe me now" mask, however even though the texture is somewhat "gel like", I did find the consistency slightly watery. The serum itself is easily absorbed into the skin, in this instance it left my hand extremely smooth and hydrated. However too much can saturate the skin and make it harder for the skin to absorb.  


The serum leaves the skin super smooth and moisturised after it's been allowed to be absorbed. 


Sadly the sun had begun to set after i'd taken the mask off haha! so please excuse the lighting. After patting the remaining serum into my skin and leaving it to be absorbed, I noticed my skin felt more hydrated and supple. It also reduced redness in areas around my nose and cheek area (I usually have slightly red areas at the tops of my cheeks) and overall, my skin tone had visible improved and looked much more even and uniform. 

As mentioned before, I didn't really see or feel that much of a difference between this mask and the "Soothe me now" mask, both hydrated and soothed my skin and both did reduce redness. I also found that this mask did reduce the slight fine lines under my eyes and my "smile" lines, so that was nice to see. I was also thankful that were was no "new plastic smell" with this mask, so this one was a much my pleasant mask to use. I am enjoying using bio-cellulose masks too, and i'm still really pleased and surprised at just how light, comfortable and durable they are!

IMG Credit: bliv.com
Here are my Pros and Cons based on my own personal use of this mask:




Pros:


Quality:
Pretty much the same Pro I had with the previous mask, I am really impressed by the quality of these masks, not just by the actual material they're made from, but how they're packaged as well. The two protective layers that come with the mask make it easy for you to apply it, so you don't spend half the evening fiddling around with the edges trying to align and smooth out the mask. The Bio-cellulose material also gives the mask a quality feel to the skin, it's not thin and paper like, but like a soothing (slightly gel like) feel that adds that little bit of luxury to your routine.  


Visible Results:
After using the mask, almost right away I noticed my skin was much more moisturised and hydrated, and definitely more smooth and supple! It also had a soothing effect which also calmed down any red spots I had, so this is definitely a mask to use after a long day at work if you're wanting to chill out. It also reduced redness around my nose and cheek area, and fine lines were reduced slightly under my eyes and around my mouth, so a good all-round mask!




Cons:


Surprisingly, I can honestly say I don't have any complaints about this mask, except for a point I made in my previous review on the first mask. which is the:

Price:
Normally these would be considered a little out of my usual price range/budget for a face mask. But, as I mentioned in my previous review, are you happy to pay that little bit more for quality? if you are, then once again do give these masks a go. You'll find they're definitly worth the money! Plus, these masks are currently on offer with 29% off! (which works out at $6.25/£4.44 per mask) which in actual fact is cheaper than some of the more well known high end brands out there! 

Overall this has been another good, pleasant experience with these face masks. It's nice to get the oppertunity try out different sheet masks made from different materials so you know which ones are worth the money to purchase! because of the results of this mask, even though it's suitable for all skin types, if you have dry/sensitive skin this would be an ideal sheet mask to introduce to your routine since it can help to nourish and hydrate skin! so! would I use this again? most definitely! should you guys try it? hell yeah!







Where to Purchase:



Can be purchased here (currently as of 6/4/18) for $25 (approx £17.75 converted)





-


Thank you for reading!
~

Have you used this sheet mask? 
What did you think of it? lemme know in the comments below!







You May Also Like

0 comments